Friday, November 02, 2007

Two

My baby is two. Wee C's second birthday was Thursday, the first of November. I can't believe she is two years old. I wanted to write a post on her birthday, but festivities, cupcake baking, etc. prevailed. My pregnancy and her birth were such an amazing gift. I was perfectly healthy, she was full-term and born at home. No illness, no preemie, no trauma to recover from. My feet-first girl continues to be a gift and a delight and I continue to be amazed at the new lessons I experience as a mother even though she is my third child at home.

I want to remember always how she tucks her hands under her body when she is snuggled in my arms. How sincerely and delightedly she will 'thank you!' many times a day. How she sings "Twinkle, twinkle little tar" and "Squirrelly, squirrelly shakey bushy tail." How she tucks her wisps of hair behind her ears. How she used to call her big brother 'Coly'. How the top of her head smells like a freshly mowed field of hay.

She is passionate and has a mind of her own, a happy and strong little girl. Even though she is the little one in our family, she reminds us that she has an opinion, too.

Happy birthday, wee C. I love you!

1 comment:

Katie said...

So blessed to see wee C grow. She truly is a delight. Happy Birthday!