Friday, February 27, 2009
Sick
Thursday, in the wee hours of the morning, I awoke feeling not quite right. Pulse pounding and then a twinge in my belly. Both Esther and Mike had a stomach virus, lasting about 24 hours, but brutal with cramping, nausea and vomiting. Esther was so stoic, thanking me over and over for taking care of her as I held her head and wiped her face. So, I had a good idea what lay in store for me. Sure enough, I was hit with the bug, and it was intense and laid me out. Mike took the day off to care for the children, thank goodness. I am better today, but wiped out, and stomach still queasy. Now I am hoping that wee C escapes this virus. It breaks my heart to see my wee babes with a stomach virus. They just look at you with surprise and puzzlement in their eyes and I can't make it go away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment