Friday, February 06, 2009

Health

Last night, Caroline's fever came back (100.5) and she had a hot, restless night of coughing. I tried everything in my arsenal- homeopathic cough syrups, herbal chest rub, vaporizer, magic socks- so soothe her cough, to no avail. This morning, exhausted and looking toward the weekend with no medical advice available, I made an appointment at our family's naturopathic clinic to take her in and get her checked out. Of course, once she was up and running around, though she still had a low fever, she was bright-eyed and chipper. It is the night-time that is lonely and scary as I lay there listening to her accelerated fever-breathing and coughing. But she is healthy, just fighting a virus, her immune system doing what it is made to do, and doing it well. We now have an herbal cough tincture, probably more for the mama than the babe.

I am grateful for....
:: Caroline's amazing, strong immune system
:: the fact that I have not caught this virus
:: a peaceful day in spite of sick kiddos
:: a trip to the toy store with Esther to spend some Christmas money
:: Caroline's delight with an inexpensive fairy figurine, she has said thank you so many times

No comments: