Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sleep....

.... is what I need. It creeps up on me and then when Caroline (enough with the psuedonyms) has a bad night, it tips me over the edge. I forgot that. We both had the stomach virus, she nursed exclusively for over a week and then had a few restless, cranky nights. My body is taxed. I don't even feel sleepy until it's too late- until I am melting down and don't know why and then I realize I am exhausted. So.... I am focusing on getting more sleep. Who am I kidding, I will not get 'enough' until she is night-weaned. We probably won't get to implement a 'sleep plan' until summer. So for now, I need just enough to keep my sanity. Am needing to back off on obligations, again. Less computer time, too. I get soooo sucked into other people's lives and accomplishments. Then I don't need to focus on my own, I guess. Hope I didn't freak anyone out! I am feeling much better.

On a brighter note. We are planning on heading to Southern California for Spring Break. I am so looking forward to a roadtrip to the desert. Well, actually being in the desert sounds wonderful, but driving there with a one-year old is a bit freaky. So, here's to getting through March- a birth, preschool auction and planning and packing for a week-long camping trip and looking forward to hanging with my family and friends, sunny weather, lots of knitting (jaywalkers, cable hat for Caroline and lace scarf is on my list)and listening to my new red ipod my honey got me for valentine's day.

2 comments:

Mokihana said...

Your desert trip sounds great; I hope that it will bring gladness to your soul.

I nursed my second for 2 1/2 years. I can't remember when she gave up the nighttime feedings, but I never regretted nursing her for so long, despite nasty comments from my mother.

Bella Art Girl said...

hey girl, love to see how you are. I hope to find time to come see you and the girls..sleep, yes, very needed...keep your chin up! xoxo