Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Juggling

Always juggling. One person or another's desires and demands or needs. Yesterday it felt like I was in the car all day, running 'hither and to'. One child dropped off here, another there. Groceries, gift returns, naturopath appointments, preschool board meetings. Nursing breaks, eating on the go- I want my life to slow down, to be able to be in the moment, to enjoy and cherish the now. Priorities are constantly on shuffle mode, the plan changes moment by moment. Like right now, Caroline woke up while I was laying her down for her nap. I was looking forward to some peace and quiet to..... clean? eat breakfast? knit? vaccuum? the possibilities were endless. So... regroup, plan 'b' or is it 'c' or 'd'? I am not a naturally flexible, go-with-the-flow kind of girl. But I am learning this lesson. I will learn this lesson, by george. I know I am not alone in this daily, moment by moment dance. Here's to sisterhood. Now I am off to change clothes and take my baby out for a walk and enjoy this beautiful day, and cherish the now.

1 comment:

Mokihana said...

Sounds like you made a great choice, out in the sun with your baby girl. I do remember those days, when my schedule flew away on the winds. Sisterhood is right... I loved this post!

Email me sometime! I would love to hear from you.

Mokihana