Thursday, February 08, 2007

Happy Endings are the Best

Chocolate, red wine, popcorn, a sappy, romantic chick flick seen with a dear friend- what could be better? A rare treat, a movie seen at my local theater within walking distance. No kids, just me and my friend who I heart very much. Mindless, sappy, happy-endings are the best. Yes, I cried. I admit I am weepy. I mean, I cry watching Hallmark commercials, for crying-out-loud. It was just what I needed.

Dear sister and her family are coming in to town to stay with us this weekend. All 8 of us siblings will be together for a belated christmas gathering. I still have a few knitting projects to finish. Yes, evenn though I had an additional month and a half to complete them, I am still cutting it close. I knit 2 hats, some fingerless gloves, a bonnet for my niece (which I hate- the yarn, the pattern, the colors- oh, well, live and learn, maybe I can salvage it, still). We will all gather at my brother's house, all 23+ of us for a holiday brunch and gift exchange. I am excited to see my dear sister, we are close and only get to see each other a few times a year.

Other news... on the marmalade front, four batches later, I still love the stuff. The grapefruit was a bit too firm, but tart and yummy. I am still learning the cooking/pectin process. The third batch is my favorite- Organic Navel Orange, perfect consistency and balance of flavors. My chef friend said, and I quote, "thats the best damn marmalade I have had!" I had a fleeting thought that I might be able to market the stuff. But it is sooo time consuming. I did purchase some of June Taylor's from a local gourmet food store and, really, I and dh, like mine better. I prefer very little pith, just pieces of sweet citrus peel. It truly tastes like a spoonful of sunshine.We will see if the love affair continues.

Happy weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I couldn't agree more that it was such a nice evening. Wish we could do that weekly. Maybe once a month??? Love ya. K.