Friday, January 12, 2007

Sick Day

E is sick today. We have spent the morning lounging on the couch watching Narnia and Samantha. Lil' C is fighting the same thing and grumpy and clingy. I am grumpy, too. Not sure if it is because of needy girls or because of the elimintation diet I started this week. Usually by day 5 I am feeling great. It has been hard eating nothing but protein and vegetables, especially when there are chocolate chip cookies and dh's fabulous cranberry-nut bread in the house. We have 2 family weddings coming this summer and I, too would like to look fabulous in a dress, plus this holiday season I gave myself permission to eat as I wanted and neglect my exercise. I feel so much healthier when I am eating the way that is right for me- no wheat or sugar, low carbs. But I LOVE food. And reading Ruth Reichl this week has been no help at all. I want to be her when I grow up. She describes food with such amazing detail. Alas, I am not. So... I am going to call my sister for a pep talk to help me avoid eating the tater tots coming out of the oven. They are organic and a vegetable, right?

No comments: