Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New Year's Socks 101

One of my goals for the year 2007 was to knit socks. Larissa's Socks 101 Test-along allowed me to accomplish that goal already!
Pattern: Socks 101 Test-along
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay #53 Mulberry
Size: Women's Medium- 32st.
Needles: US 10 dpn

Manos del Uruguay wool is luscious to knit with. The pattern was fun and easy and is a great first sock to knit before tiny-gauge sock knitting. Once again, thanks, Larissa!
I can't believe this is my first post in the new year. I have pictures of my knitted gifts, but have yet to post them here. I have so many past posts in my head that I wish I could have actually blogged. Uploading photos and blogging takes more time that I can devote right now, but I hope to become more adept and speedy.

Here is part of what keeps me so busy.....lil' C is such a climber. We can't keep her off the table, couch, in the bathroom sink playing in the water, or the ladder to the bunks. We have been taking the ladder off during the day, but sometimes forget. She managed to fall through the top rung the other day and was hanging by her head, yes, head. Luckily, I heard the thump and ran in the bedroom to swoop her up. She is fine other than a bruise on her forehead. I think I sprouted 10 more gray hairs with that one. I would not be at all surprised if I am completely white by the time she is 5!

Cold here, well cold for our town. There is a possibility of snow. It has been many years since we have had a real snow. I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope.....

1 comment:

Mokihana said...

I'm so glad I got to see the socks in person! You did a fantastic job on them, and I know you'll love your further adventures in socknitting. Way to go!

Mokihana