Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Good-bye Harry Potter

We purchased the seventh and final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the way home from the wedding. I started reading it Sunday night and finished it yesterday. My children weren't too neglected. They were all fed and dressed. Luckily, our dear friend and neighbor girl was here to play and wee C took a very good nap, so I don't feel too guilty. I finished reading last night and I am happy to report that I was pleased with the book. J.K. Rowling was respectful of her characters and readers both and I think wrote a respectable closure to the Harry Potter tale. I am grateful. Thanks, J. K.!

I am now free to devote August to Childbirth Educator certification requirements, sewing and enjoying the last month of summer. Here's hoping that my homework is completed quickly and easily.

1 comment:

sarah jean, said...

we recently started the first book. there was no interest until all they hoopla about the last book coming out. this morning we were so into the story we were late for a carpool and class....oops! but worth it!! :)