I am soaked to the bone, sitting here savoring the coolness that thunderstorms bring. I just walked home from my favorite restaurant with a dear friend in the pouring rain. And it was so much fun. I felt like a little girl, we laughed all the way home. And it felt delicious after a hot sticky day.
We returned home from the coast yesterday, after camping in a yurt for four days and three nights. And, diehard tent campers though we are, it was luxurious to have a dwelling to stand up in and to be able to sleep in a real bed. A step up from car-camping, and a real treat. We recommend it. It was good to get out of town, away from obligations here and spend time with the kids. They are growing so quickly, each into their own individuals (and are they ever unique individuals.)
The week ahead will be a busy one. My sister is getting married next Sunday and I am making 150 cupcakes for the casual event. Wish me luck.
And if you are looking for a great restaurant in SE Portland, check out the Country Cat. It is a fabulous place, now open for lunch Wednesday-Friday and a fabulous brunch on Saturday and Sunday. No, I am not biased, they are dear friends. Ok, maybe just a little, but they are wonderful folks and amazingly talented. Love them!
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the rain too! I love the humidity (only because it's not hot!). Everything is so refreshed, soaking it all in. The yurt sounds wonderful!
I went to the Country Cat's website, but unless I'm blind, which is certainly possible, I can't see an address!
Mokihana
Post a Comment