
Colin accompanied Uncle Dave and Isabel to irrigate the meadows. Dave drives a team of horses, pulling a flat bed wagon loaded with manure. The manure is spread on the fields, forming dams to move the water where it is needed to go. It is an art to be able to move water uphill, and I am told, Dave is especially gifted at the task. Colin said the experience was 'interesting' and though he isn't necessarily ready to choose a career in irrigation, I think I could convince him to help out again.

There is always work to do here. My sister is the hardest working woman I know. But, she loves this life and the opportunity to work side-by-side with her husband and children, to ride and work with her horses, to roam this beautiful country.

Life moves at a different pace here, slower and more simply. These things I am enjoying today- cousins playing together, conversations with my dear sister, fresh air and land for my children to roam and run on.



No comments:
Post a Comment